Message from the new AMBA President - Dec 7, 2020
Dear AMBA Members,
My name is Seth Bush, and I am the newly elected President of the Albuquerque Mountain Bike Association (AMBA). For those who don’t know me, I am firmly ingrained in the mountain bike community as the Owner and Race Director of Zia Rides Mountain Bike Events. AMBA has done a great job building a social organization, and I am committed to working with the board to take the organization to the next level.
I am excited by the opportunity to make AMBA a force for mountain bike trail advocacy in the Albuquerque area. We have work to do to make AMBA the organization that I feel it should be. Some of the goals that I have for the organization include:
- Formalize and improve relationships with the land managers
- Survey and listen to our members so we can represent your needs and interests
- Identify specific new AMBA trail projects in the region
- Recruit and establish new members to the AMBA board
- Make AMBA a more consistent presence for mountain bike advocacy in the community
- Better establish leadership progression in the organization
- Formalize the adoption of trails and maintenance projects with land managers
- Creation of formal committees to better engage membership
- Develop a 1% for trails program in Albuquerque Area to raise money for projects
- Continuing AMBA’s strong efforts to provide opportunities for members to interact on group rides and in social settings
But, we are going to need your help to make this happen. What can you do?
- Join a committee and put your talents to work. Click Here to learn more: https://www.ambanm.org/committees
- Pay your dues and encourage others to join. Click here to join or renew: https://www.ambanm.org/join
- We will be sending out a member survey. Please complete it so we know how to represent your interests.
- When land managers send us surveys and invitations to provide commentary, please take the time to do it.
- Ride your bike and be a positive face for mountain biking in the community for fellow mountain bikers and all other trail users.
We have some exciting plans in the works and look forward to working with all of you. If you would like to contact me for any reason, please feel free to do so at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to working with you all to continue to make Albuquerque a great place to ride.