AMBA is a non-profit association whose mission is to create, enhance and preserve great trail experiences for mountain bikers in the greater Albuquerque area, and to create a bicycle friendly community through cycling awareness, safety, advocacy and promotion of bicycling for fun, fitness and transportation. AMBA seeks to preserve, protect, and promote mountain bike access and diverse riding opportunities on NM’s public and private lands through education, communication, and unified action.
AMBA is an IMBA (International Mountain Bike Association) Chapter. Tapping into the roots of the former IMBA Chapter, FOO (Friends of the Outdoors), we are committed to continue advocating mountain biking in the greater Albuquerque area. Interested in AMBA's position on IMBA, Wilderness access and the Sustainable Trails Coalition? Read more here.
AMBA builds community as well as trails. Momentum is building, and people just like you are volunteering their time. AMBA is not just about one agenda item. Our members have various personal reasons for coming together such as: giving back to the sport, trail building, organizing races, and organizing community rides, just to name a few.
Whatever your passion, AMBA has a place for you! We are a collaborative group who utilizes our individual passion for the sport in an effort to move forward with establishing a terrific mountain bike riding community in Albuquerque. We welcome your participation. Join AMBA today!
- Established 2015
- IMBA Chapter and 501(c)3
- $55,000 in grants (in process) to go directly to trail work in 2017
- Partner with other trail associations such as PATA (Placitas Area Trail Association), Friends of the Sandias, and East Mount Regional Trails Association
- Partner with the Forest Service and Albuquerque Open Space to recruit trail volunteers and provide trail tools
- Represent mountain bikers in the Forest Services Plan revision process through our involvement in the Sandia Collaborative
- Meetup group with over 1000 members and 500 events since June 2015
- AMBA History
- Join AMBA
- President: Hannah Russert
- Secretary: Carley Parriott
- Treasurer: Mitch Steinberg
AMBA Board Members
- Luis Cuadros
- Carlos Matutes
- Jeremy Peterson
- Jay Wulf